Become a Member
Why Bay Credit Union?
We are owned by our customers – our members! And, because we are locally owned, every penny of our profit goes back into expanding services, paying dividends and loan rebates to our members, and to serving our local community.
How to Join?
There are two ways to join Bay Credit Union:
- Drop by the nearest branch and speak to one of our friendly member service representatives OR
- Fill out a Membership Application online! We will contact you for a follow-up visit at the branch of choice to verify your identity and make a $25 deposit into your Membership share account, finalizing your account opening.
Please note the following accounts cannot be opened online:
- Business Accounts;
- US Chequing Accounts;
- Third Party; and
- Accounts with Power of Attorney.
Our current requirements to open a personal account are:
- two pieces of valid Government I.D. (excluding Provincial Health Card) and one piece must be photo I.D. For a list of acceptable I.D., click here;
- $25 for Capital Share deposit; and
- a piece of mail to verify current address.
We are confident that you will be satisfied with our full range of financial services and products including, but not limited to:
- Interac™ Member Cards;
- Choice Rewards™ MasterCard©;
- U.S. and Canadian Official Cheques and Canadian Money Orders;
- Wire Transfers;
- Utility/Bill Payments;
- Travel Insurance;
- RRSP, Term Deposits, RESP, and Tax Free Savings Accounts;
- Internet and Telephone Account Access; and
- Loans and Mortgages.